Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-bc504ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't update my BIOS, because the program always says what i have no enough free disk space on my pc. What can i do?изображение_2022-06-29_203130909.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I recommend that you immediately move a large number of files to an external disk. 

Once that is done, delete the original files from the notebook's hard disk.

Check the recycle bin and empty everything there.

Stop trying to update the BIOS until you take care of the more pressing issue.

Open Windows Explorer and take a look at the color of the drive that it shows. If it is red, you are definitely in the danger zone.

That warning does not specifically say it, but hard disks have a tendency to crash if they are filled beyond 10% of their storage capacity. A hard disk crash is a very bad thing.

Take the BIOS_Update warning very seriously.

Otherwise, you stand a chance of losing everything that is on your hard disk.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.