Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (55 Views)

I have a HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC,

Product Name: HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista
Haven't used it in over a year,I forgot the password. When I tried to get into it,the Computer asked me did I have a restoration disc,which I never had one.
When prompted to change password, I put in a new password & held the button down.
The screen says," WELCOME",but when You let the button go,it goes back to the initial [password]
screen.I'm frustrated & disgusted. Paid a lot for this computer.
0 Kudos
Associate Dean
Message 2 of 2 (46 Views)

Re: I have a HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC,

msteddy41 wrote:
Haven't used it in over a year,I forgot the password. When I tried to get into it,the Computer asked me did I have a restoration disc,which I never had one.
When prompted to change password, I put in a new password & held the button down.
The screen says," WELCOME",but when You let the button go,it goes back to the initial [password]
screen.I'm frustrated & disgusted. Paid a lot for this computer.

Hi @msteddy41

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

Please, review this official article and follow the steps for password recovery applicable for your case and operating system >  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-forgot-my-password-can-HP-hel...

What is the operating system ? VIsta ?

Please, elaborate - when/what prompts you for a password change ?

* If my comment helped you, use the button below to accept this post as a solution

* if you want to say thanks, please, click below on the White Thumb Up+ button for (+1) kudo.

Smiley WinkDon't leave the forum - provide your reply, update about your issue and feedback.

Best wishes, IT_WinSec ----------------
I do not work for HP Inc. I express personal opinion only.
I work as consumer support technician, cyber security engineer and endpoint devices technical support team lead
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation