Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
x360 14-dw1001na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop has reverted to older version of windows 10 without me doing anything. I only got the laptop just a few days ago.

any advise what to do,

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ajazhusain22 

I don't see how that could have happened. 

It is possible to run a factory reset and this will restore the ORIGINAL OS version that came preloaded -- but you have to go through a lot of trouble to do that.  That is not something that will automatically run on its own.

Plus ... unless you forced an update of the Windows 10 version yourself, the version you were running when you first used the PC would be exactly the SAME version that the factory reset would restore.  So, there would be no version change.

What was the version of Win10 when you first used the PC, and what is the version now that you claim it has been reset.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. I did no updating on windows. The version of windows now showing is

Windows 10 Version 2004   OS  Build 19041  Experience pack 120.2212.551.0 

It says installed on 24/03/2021 this is the day received the laptop.

HP Recommended

@ajazhusain22 

OK, well thanks for that information.  So basically, it is now running Win10 v20H1 -- what was previously known as 20.04.  That is understandable because Microsoft only recently made 20H1 generally available, so even though there is a newer version out (20H2), some PCs are only now getting the 20H1 update.

But you said it reverted back to this, so what version was it running BEFORE it did this?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.