Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
U7C97A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The problem is that I got my computer, with the accidental damage protection software in a padded envelope. Great, right? But I was in between emails at the moment and hadn't set up a new one and so I stalled and procrastinated setting it up. I left it on my dining room and, lo and behold, I can no longer find it after returning from vacation. I've looked everywhere for a couple days, and it's really nowhere to be found. It was probably accidentally thrown in the recycling (I know, I'M STUPID.) or permantantly misplaced. What I was wondering is, is it possible to get another warranty, seeing as I lost the one I was supposed to use? I have the full purchase receipt and the product number, but I know that this will look like I'm trying to scam HP or whatever. I honestly just don't want to have to pay another 300 dollars because I was stupid. So, is there any way I can get the "HP 3 Year Accidental Damage Protection w/ Pickup and Return Service and LoJack for Consumer Notebook" warranty, as I've lost mine? Perhaps there's someone I could call to talk this out with? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There are two numbers listed on the Care Pack pages-surely one can help straighten it out:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/services/consumer/services-overview.html

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

There are two numbers listed on the Care Pack pages-surely one can help straighten it out:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/services/consumer/services-overview.html

HP Recommended

It turns out the computer comes with the warranty pre-installed. I called 1-866-724-8600 and straightened everything out. In the package you get, it supplies you with the the number you call access your warranty. They supplied me with this number.

HP Recommended

Happy to hear all is well. Welcome to the forum,btw.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.