Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello, My HP 17-x000 17-x020nr 17.3" Touchscreen Notebook - Intel Core i3 (5th Gen) i3-5005U Dual-core (2 Core) 2 GHz, does not work properly. I was updating my laptop, and suddenly it turned off, I assume it died. when I turned it back on I see "Preparing Automatic Repair" Under the HP Logo. Then I see a screen saying "Recovery, Your PC/Device needs to be repaired, A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed." And it also says "error code: 0xc0000185". And it has 4 options below "Press enter to try again"

"Press f1 for recovery environment"

"Press F8 for startup settings"

And finally "press esc for uefi firmware settings"

I have press all 4 and only one has done something the other three just sent me back to the same screen 

The one that worked was the press esc one. And it gives me more options, I've tried a USB stick with a windows 10 boot, clicked on repair computer, then I got advanced options screen, clicked on troubleshoot, clicked on boot past system or whatever it's called, then clicked on windows 10, then just Blue screen for 3 hours. I don't know what else to do, I need help please

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.