12-16-2016 11:40 AM
12-16-2016 12:07 PM
I wish I had good news for you -- but I don't ...
Sorry, but this is only a community forum staffed by volunteers and we can do nothing to track or recover missing property.
What I recommend is the following:
1) Contact HP Customer Support, tell them about the stolen laptop, and get a case number
If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1
If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html
NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!
2) Contact the local law enforcement authorities about the theft -- provide them all the information they need and show them proof of ownership. You will most likely need to this to have then return the laptop to you if they find it
3) When the laptop is returned, contact Absolute Software to see about getting Lojack for Laptops for it. That enables you to report a stolen laptop and then locate it, once it is then connected to the Internet.
***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)