Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
G-42 457TU
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I want to know product key for windows 7 preinstalled in my laptop. It was printed on the sticker attached with the laptop but i have lost the sticker.  i have already contacted microsoft but they are unable to do so. please help me to get the windows key to re-install it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

General facts concerning Windows 7

OEM manufactures used a special key for activating the Windows 7 OS.  Each manufacture had their own OEM key for each Windows 7 product.  The production run keys are different from the key on the sticker, as the key on the sticker is used to reinstall a Windows 7 product matching the product on the sticker.

Microsoft will not tell you what the product key is/was but I am sure they can find it.

Now, that is just for knowledge of the subject,

1) why do you need the product key?

2) what version of Windows 7 is installed and did it come from HP with Windows 7 already installed?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.