Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Mini 110-1190LA PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

When I reinstalled the windows 7 it gave me an error of invalid licence in my HP Mini 110-1190LA PC serial {edited]
the product key of Windows 7 that came with my laptop is [edited]

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@CarmenLopez 

Your PC came with an HP OEM version of Win7 preloaded.  If you "reinstalled" Win7 using a different version, that will not accept the product key that came with your PC, and you will then have to purchase a key to match the version you installed.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@CarmenLopez 

Usually the cause of the error is mis-reading the 25 character license key on your COA. Most common is mistaking the letter O for a zero -or a zero for an O. Also very common error is mistaking  the letter B for an 8. I have been tripped up with the B and 8 mistake myself.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

You can try phone activation:

How to activate Windows 7 manually (activate by phone)

1) Click Start, and in the Search box type:   slui.exe  4

2) Next press the 'ENTER' key

3) Select your 'Country' from the list.

4) Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.

5) Stay on the phone (do not select/press any options) and wait for a person to help you with activation.

6) Explain your problem clearly to the support person.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950929/en-us  

HP Recommended

@CarmenLopez 

Just so you know -- Microsoft generally declines to support phone activation when you're using an OEM PC --like the one you have -- which is why I did not suggest it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

How can I do if the hard disk is damage in this case the preload windows 7?

HP Recommended

I'm not sure what you are asking. Did you read all of the replies to your question? Myself and @PiterGeek  gave you alternative ideas/opinions. As I mentioned.check it closely and if you are 100% sure you are typing in the exact 25 characters from your COA attached to the mini with no success try to use the phone activation. A few years ago, at the height of Win 7 popularity, a lot of people were having  failed installs using HP Recovery Media and Microsoft was quite helpful in activating Windows 7. Just explain that you lost your preinstalled OS and trying to reinstall and activate.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.