Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-bs188cl
I just received my laptop & trying to do setup. It was verifying my phone by texting an access code. It said the original access code was invalid (obviously a system error) so I tried resending a new code to see if it’d reset it. It’s bedn “sending the code” for over 40 minutes now- the image is just soipinning & spinning.
Backing out doesn’t help. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @christienichols

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

What exactly are you trying to setup ? I have successfully setup very many HP computers and never needed an SMS text code for anything ? Perhaps you are trying to access some system like Microsoft account ? Please, clarify and provide as many details as possible ?

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
Yes, I guess it’s the inital microsoft setup
HP Recommended

You can setup the PC without Microsoft account.

Please, restart the PC (press and hold the power-on PC button for 5seconds to shut the computer down).

Start it back over and

1. Do not connect to your network (disconnect/unplug)

2. Do not use the option to login with Microsoft account.

Instead, login with a local account.

>> http://www.thewindowsclub.com/install-windows-10-local-account

After your PC has been setup successfully, you switch to Microsoft account from Start -> Settings (if you want) and you can eventually connect to the Internet

Hope this helps. Any detail will be much helpful when providing description about issue. I hope you can provide more details.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.