Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP G068CL Touchsmart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Laptop came with Windows 8 pre installed and then I upgraded to 10. Since then the processor became much slower (not that before it was very fast), but still, want to downgrade to windows 7 and format it all. How can I do it? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Let's check the BIOS again. There should be an option for secure boot/legacy boot perhaps under security. That is where Windows 7 installations can be a problem. Windows 7 does not support secure boot and you have to turn it off and enable legacy boot. What does your boot menu look like...are any devices described as UEFI in the boot menu?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

First you have to buy a legal copy of Windows 7. HP has posted a full driver list for Windows 7 64 bit for your laptop. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/6875196/model/7241969

Make sure the pull-down selection for OS is set to Windows 7 to get the list. You have a DVD drive so it is a relatively simple matter to install Windows 7, choose to wipe the hard drive in the process and proceed. You will have to turn off secure boot in the BIOS which also is not hard to do. Post back if you need more help. 

HP Recommended

Hi huffer, first I have an original windows 7 ultimate dvd. Second, in the bios there's no secure boot option. Third, when I start from the dvd drive, the dvd drive stops after windows loginf files and at the starting windows (7) image

HP Recommended

Well if you needed to turn on legacy boot the DVD would not boot at all and it is at least starting to boot. Can you get into diagnostics, F2 as you power on or esc and choose the F2 option to diagnose any issue with the hard drive. OS install problems are usually a bad hard drive or bad RAM. 

HP Recommended

Will try that, what kind of test to run? there a 3-4.

HP Recommended

made a fast memory, hard drive and processor test, they all passed

HP Recommended

It is possible you have a bad disk (DVD) or maybe it is just dirty. I can see no reason why Windows 7 will not proceed to install. 

HP Recommended

Me neither, that's why I asked for help

HP Recommended

Let's check the BIOS again. There should be an option for secure boot/legacy boot perhaps under security. That is where Windows 7 installations can be a problem. Windows 7 does not support secure boot and you have to turn it off and enable legacy boot. What does your boot menu look like...are any devices described as UEFI in the boot menu?

HP Recommended

Funny, just before I read your response, I load default options in BIOS, and then found the legay boot, turned it on and off the secure boot and we are just on track :Wink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.