03-08-2014 05:11 PM
Finally I have managed to install XP on this laptop! It turns out that my hard drive was bad; I put a different HDD in, used the slipstreamed disc that I'd made and it worked without an issue. Thank you for your help!
Also, even though I've slipstreamed drivers for the nc6400, I can still use this disc on any other PC can't I?
03-08-2014 05:55 PM
It will work on any computer up to an Intel series 5 chipset (if you used the drivers I posted) and it will work on any PC in IDE mode.
It will not work on any AMD computer that has an ahci controller because you have to slipstream different drivers.
If you want to make an XP disk that installs on any PC up to an Intel series 7 chipset and any AMD PC, unzip and slipstream the drivers I have attached under the Attachments line of this reply.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)