Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

On my Campaq 510 Laptop getting error while installing Windows XP.

***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Can someone help me to resolve this issue ?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

The easy way is to go into your BIOS and in the Device Configuration menu, change your SATA Native Mode from enabled to disabled. Hit the F10 key there and upon exiting the BIOS when you save your settings and exit.

Now you will be able to install XP with no problems.

After you get XP installed you will want to load the SATA ACHI drivers for your notebook so you can change the BIOS setting for the SATA Native Mode back to enabled.

Here's how to do that:

1. Install the chipset driver first & reboot:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2800&DwnldID=19597&ProductFamily=Chips...

The following steps are used for installing AHCI drivers in Windows XP operating system installed using the SATA Native Mode Disabled method.

2. Download AHCI driver from downloadcenter.intel.com then extract the files to a folder you name. Put the folder on your C: drive and remember where you put it so you can browse to it .

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?a​gr=Y&DwnldID=19599&lang=eng

3. Right-click the My Computer icon, click Manage, select Device Manager

4. Click the + symbol beside IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers , this would show the devices under this category.

5. You will find the Intel native SATA storage controller driver installed.

6. Right-click one of the Serial ATA storage controllers listed, and click Update Driver .

7. In Welcome to the Hardware Update Wizard, select No, not this time. Click Next .

8. Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) . Click Next

9. Select Don't search I will choose the driver to install . Click Next

10. Click Have Disk

11. Click Browse

12. Select location: c:\folder you saved ACHI drivers to.

13. Select iaAHCI.inf

14. Click Open

15. This will list several SATA AHCI Controllers. From this list, select Intel® ICH8 SATA AHCI Controller (I am not sure as the the specific one if there is more than one (Pick the one that is closest to the name of the controller in your device manager). Click Next.

16. The Update Driver Warning will be shown. Click Yes

17. The driver will install, and completing the Hardware update Wizard appears. Click Finish

18. You can find the updated controller in the device manager.

19. During restart, press the F10 key and boot to BIOS setup utility . Go back to your device configurations sub menu and change the SATA Native Mode back to Enabled, save settings there (F10) and upon exit, save changes and reboot.

Now, the SATA driver is successfully installed and the notebook will boot into Windows with SATA Native Mode set to Enabled.

Paul

HP Recommended

@Balit wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Is this a Recovery or a clean install of Windows XP from an install CD?

Go into BIOS -->Diagnostics and run the Startup check.

This is what the other poster is referring to , if you have not found it. See the following image. You are fortunate. Very few HP notebooks have that setting.

BIOS screen.GIF

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi,

On my Campaq cq60-104tu Laptop getting error while installing Windows XP.

Thanks

@Balit wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi:

Please read the information at the link below:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and/SATA-drivers-for-XP-solution-on-0x000000...

You will need to follow the information for the Intel chipset.

Paul

HP Recommended
Solved my problem. Thanks.
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Oscar.

HP Recommended

Hi there,

If you happen to own an AMD chipset laptop (mine is Compaq CQ58-305ew with AMD A68M FCH chipset), you have to slipstream the AMD SATA driver into a Windows XP SP3 installation disc. Use the (fresh!) driver from Lenovo: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/hmax02ww.exe. It worked for me and totally solved my problem.

By the way: AMD A68M chipset's codename is Hudson. That's how I found the driver that does the trick.

Send me an email if you need assistance.

Good luck!

Bartek

HP Recommended

tengo una HP 2000 portatil y tengo el codigo del que he leido en su foro que hay que cambiar a ide pero en el bios no aparece esa opcion me gustari un poco de ayuda gracias de antemano

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.