Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion DV6500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I can't seem to download an old HP driver for my DV6500 - I did it from the same web-adress yesterday (used same forum thread as I did today). The address is: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-55777-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=2100&product=3686683&sw_lang=

And it should start a download right away but instead I get this message in the browser: 

Service Unavailable - DNS failure

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

Reference #11.aaf57b5c.1580584541.273c575d

What happened? is it temporary? Will the server be up again soon? I really need the old drivers for my laptop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Anytime. 

Sounds like you have experience.

You need to know what processor and chipset your notebook has.

Go to this site and type in dv6500t in the search window if it is an Intel PC and dv6500z if it is an AMD PC with the nvidia chipset.

https://www.helpjet.net/files-HP-Pavilion-dv6500t.html

https://www.helpjet.net/files-HP-Pavilion-dv6500z.html

You can select each component or the whole list.

Where you see the drivers for example on the dv6500t the first file is sp4802436.exe

Drop off the last two numbers and you end up with sp48024.

That is the number you look up on the HP ftp site.   Sometimes you can look up the driver description if there is a html or cva file.

This file for example has all 3... the html, cva and exe file.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48024.cva

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48024.html

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48024.exe

If you click on the html file you get the description of the driver. 

So by reading the html file you know that this is a BIOS update file for the dv6500 and newer Intel models.

The cva file is harder to read, but you can still figure out what driver it is.

When you are finished and if you still need a driver or two, let me know what you need, and I'll see what I can do.

For the nForce chipset driver on W10, you will need to manually install sp37730.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP retires support for all consumer class PC's that are 10 years old or more.

That is why the driver page doesn't work.

What is the full model number or product number of your notebook?

You can find the product number on the same label as the serial number.  Please do not post the serial number.

Most of the drivers still exist on the HP ftp site and I will probably be able to help you get what you need.

There will only be drivers for Windows Vista 32 or 64 bit.  Most will work on W7.

HP Recommended

I found out the whole server is down on all drivers - no matter which driver I try to download on this sub-website I get this message... I hope this gets fixed soon.

Can anybody tell me anything about the error?

HP Recommended

Hi - I used the same web-address yesterday several times and downloaded the drivers I needed so this can't be true can it?

And what is the direct link to old HP Pavilion model drivers then? Can you tell me kindly? 🙂 So I can find them myself. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi:

There are no direct links anymore.  HP removed them for the dv6500 model series.

This is where you go to get drivers...

https://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en

All of the driver pages for supported models are working just fine for me.

If you want the drivers for that PC, I will need the product number.

HP Recommended

I can't find any drivers for my model DV6612eo after auto detection for any OS on that page - it says nothing is available. I cant click choose different OS - nothing seems to work. Something is wrong?

And I SWEAR the direct ftp-link still worked yesterday - I used it several times on several drivers for several days...

HP Recommended

If you know where to find the drivers, here is the FTP link...It's working just fine...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/

HP Recommended

Thanks you so much, thats exactly what I was looking for.

Can you tell me how this spXXXX-XXXX system works briefly so I can navigate the site?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I have no idea how it works.  I don't think there is a way to decipher how the drivers are laid out.

You have to know exactly what file you need and then look it up on the tree.

If you let me know the product number of your dv6612eo, what operating system you are running, and if you need 32 or 64 bit, I can help find the drivers for you.

What I do is find a 3rd party driver site, and then cross reference the drivers they have with what is on the FTP site.

HP Recommended

Thanks again - your a lifesaver!

I would like to learn that process myself (I fix computers on a hobby basis) - so how do you do that?
Btw Im running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit in this machine, but just need the nvidia nForce driver and I think that's it. Everything else works fine 🙂

Reminder: When I downloaded directly from FTP I just used the windows 7 or vista drivers and installed them manually some times - works fine it seems.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.