Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop Bs576tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hii 
I am facing a problem regarding my battery.

My HP laptop battery suddenly drops to zero when it reaches to 55% and then it only turn when it is plugged in.

One more problem that i am facing is my battery charging point is keeps blinking from red to white and it shows white light even when it is not fully charged and shows "Plugged in and not charging"

It has been two and a half years for my laptop.

Please solve my issue.
I am waiting for your response.Screenshot (211).png

I have tried many ways ie. uninstalling the ACPI software and also updated my BIOS system.

🙂

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@c_h_r_i_s_12 Welcome to HP Community!

I read that the laptop shuts down when the battery charge dips to 55%. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Please search for "power options" in Windows and open it.

• Click on Apply and OK.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.