Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-g020nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can someone help with my laptop 15-g020nr. it keeps restarting randomly and sometime at a similar point

this laptop got upgraded some time back the restarting is new

i upgraded the ram to crucial 8gb ddr3l-1600 sodimm

i got an ssd instead of the old drive (PNY - 240GB Internal SATA Solid State Drive).

the restarting just started about beginning of august 2020 for some reason the pc restarts alot the pc boots and loads fine its good i can work on it .. just in a hury since i dont know when the next restarts

i installed windows 10 again and updated it to see if it will help .. the problem when away for a day and started again

im again re installed windows 10 from a usb not the latest so im updated the version to 2004

i can get the laptop to update since it restarts again and then i do the process over

i updated all the drivers i can from the device manger

i updated the current windows from the settings / updates

i updated the bios with the latest hp one from the download section for my pc

it has an event id 41 and also 10016, i tried to do some fixes from youtube but no luck still restarts often

i thought i left something loose from last upgrades .. dismantaled the pc and reinstall everything good and snug still nothing

clean all the dust and fan thinking it was over heating and also bought a cooler for the laptop

current status ...trying to install widnows 2004 and see what i get from that even doe i already had it before

what if i install windows 7? ..

cant install the original windows 8 i dont have the original OS IMAGE  DISK

i had the pc work for months with no hicups

thinking about installing the old drive even do i erased it after the pc work with the upgrades and had that drive as storage

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

i also forgot to mention i was thinking it could be the charger or battery

so i took the charger off still does it i took off the battery pc works but still restarts or reboots

HP Recommended

@salgomez

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried this opetion and it did not work I was un able to get past the part where it asking for the product id..

I type the product number that I have in the back for the laptop case..is in the same same format as the example that shows up when asking the number...

It's not valid...so I can not finished the recovery 

How can I get a copy of that

HP Recommended

Reson I cant enter the correct number is that the laptop is not supported..it was made in 2015 not 2016 and up..this might be the reason why I can not finished the recovery process 

HP Recommended

@salgomez

Thank you for posting back. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

so heres an update .. i was able to get a hold of the recovery disk for the laptop ...a ill pricey but worth it ...so now i recovered  to windows 8.1 i did have a few issues trying to get windows installed what fixed it was me starting the create new user wizzard trough the command prompt....

so now where in the pc boots up there were still some restarts but less then before ...

NOW THE NEW ISSUE IS THAT IM MISSING MEMORY ON THE C DRIVE .. I HAVE A 500GB DRIVE THAT CAME WITH THE LAPTOP BUT IT ONLY SHOWS 75BG ....I OPEN DISK MANAGEMENT AN I CAN SEE A BIG CHUNK OF THE DRIVE ...ITS AROUND 400BG UNALLOCATED  HOW CAN I GET THIS BACK INTO USE

HP Recommended

@salgomez

Let's try this: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03375417#:~:text=The%20Assign%20Drive%20Letter%20or,in%20the%...  Partitioning and Naming Drives (Windows 10, 😎

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

good morning here is an update as of 8/12/2020

the laptop is running great but still the problem continues

the laptop keeps restarting/rebooting

i look up the event logs for the system and im still getting

Event ID 41: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first

can anyone help with this

last night i was trying to create a family movie and the laptop would reset randomly not letting me work on the project

its a clean install using the recovery disk i purchased

3 disk and 1 extra supplemental disk

i made a new power plan to see if that would help but still nothing

HP Recommended

@salgomez

This sounds like hardware related issue with the computer and in order to fix this issue your computer needs to be serviced. 
As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​ 

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.