Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15s-du1034tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Need to re install Windows 10 due to upgrade to Windows 11 that failed due to https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443463.  Do not want Windows 11, so that is not an option.  Did the following.  

1. Created Windows 10 recovery USB drive
  2. Booted laptop with USB drive
  3. Repartition the hard drive
  4. Formatted hard drive
  5. Installed the Windows 10 64-bit
  6. System will not boot still due to https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443463

What do I need to do to get this laptop to boot?  Why can't I pick which partition to boot off?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Your format may not have worked as it should have, If I was you, I would download a Linux Mint OS live USB stick, Mint 19 Tera works good. Boot it up on laptop by pressing f12 at startup. You are wanting to redo and format your hard drive using it. A lot of times Windows formatting doesn't work so well, that why I always use Linux to format my discs. Just make sure when you format you choose the one to boot from all operating Systems. Also I also found out, that Linux Mint does the best job at creating OS disk images to USB sticks, You can't beat Linux to do so. I was always getting errors when using the ones from Windows. If I was You I would create the Windows 10 Setup USB image  by doing just that, and see if you don't have better luck. Hope this helps. Lastly, HP site is down right now, at least on my end, so I can't see what the links You posted said? Another thing I found out about Windows 10 install, is that some times it take several times of trying before it takes I think I had to redo my setup 3 or 4 times before it took. Regards!

HP Recommended

One more thing, If you don't know how to use Linux, here is the steps to get to the format page. Click menu, Select all Apps at top  on right side scroll down to where it says disks it will list drives on left side.  Regards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.