03-02-2011 03:59 PM
In november last year, my charger started playing up and wasn't showing any sign of charging and eventually my battery ran dead. I left it to charge overnight with the intention of returning it the next morning still under warantee only to find it was working perfectly again. In a panic, I'd ordered a new charger anyway as a lot of my university work was stuck there and I needed to remove it before sending my laptop back, just in case.
The problem ever occured again until about a week ago now, when the charger completely cut out and hasn't worked since. I set up my new charger though which was yet to be used, only to find the battery will only charge when the laptop is completely shut down, and takes about two days to charge to a point where I can actually turn it on.
I have a HP G61 401SA which I bought in August 2010, so it's still under warantee when my Dad finds the receipts. I ran the battery check and it says it's in good condition, so now I'm just stuck between if it's a charger problem or something internal?
03-02-2011 07:53 PM
Warranty Status Check website In order to look up the status, you'll need to enter your serial number and model number.
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)