Operating System: Other

Please help me out ..SYSTEM ERROR 63840439

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 4 (247 Views)

Re: Laptop Enter Your Administrator Password or Power on Password

Please try : 72728419

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (171 Views)

Hi GBL84

Thank you very much for the code.  It really worked!

And then a message popped up saying "Selected boot image did not authenticate. Press enter to continue. OK."

And I pressed enter, the monitor blacked out and the power went off. Panicking I power on again after few seconds and the  same same message pops up,  "Selected boot image did not authenticate. Press enter to continue. OK." this time with a continous beeping sound.

When I press ENTER, it does not respond.

Please help me out, your advice would be highly regarded. 

Thanking you in advance

Regents Professor
Message 4 of 4 (143 Views)

You can try the following steps and check if that helps.

I would suggest you to Disable secure boot and enable Legacy Boot mode.

Please follow the steps provided below to disable secure boot:

a.      Completely shut down the laptop.

b.      Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press Delete to enter the BIOS.

c.       Use the right arrow key to select Authentication.

d.      With Secure Boot highlighted, press Enter and then the down arrow to select Disabled.

e.      Use the right arrow key to select Boot Options.

f.        With Launch CSM highlighted, press Enter and use the down arrow to select Always.

g.      Press Enter.

h.      Press the F10 key to save changes and restart the system.

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If the above steps fail then try the following.

If Windows 8 came pre-installed, it would be best to get in touch with the laptop
manufacturer to know how to find out the product key that is used in your
computer and also regarding the Windows 8 installation media. Once you get your
product key, you can create an installation media for Windows 8 from a working Windows 8 computer and it must have the same architecture (32 or 64-bit) as the PC you want to install Windows 8 on. If you have a Windows 8.1 product key then you can do the same from a Windows 8.1 computer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

Once you have a working Recovery Media, you can try booting to safe mode. Ley us know if you can boot into safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation