Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl112dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This laptop was less than an year old.  One day I noticed that it was not shutting down.  No matter what way I power it down it starts right back up again.  I have not installed anything on it.  The only thing that might have happed is that it got some automatic updates but besides that I did nothing.  I am using an affter market power supply as my orginal broke.   But I don't think that would cause this issue. 

I read online that it has something to do with windows 10 upadates.  I followed a few link and did some power management setting changes but no luck.  I did some driver updates and BIOS as well but that did not help.  Others with similar propbelems had luck doing some of things I did.  Of course HP wont help since it is just out of warranty.  Please help and thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Dippat
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I see that HP Spectre X360 - 15-Bl112dx notebook is not shutting down, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

• Have you disabled hybrid sleep from the power options > advanced options?

While you respond to that, here are a few other things that should resolve the issue:

First, hold down the power button for 10 seconds before releasing it.

Press the power button and see if the notebook now starts.

If it does, let it fully load into Windows and then try disabling Windows 10 hybrid boot - you can do this as follows.

Open Settings and select System.  Select Power and sleep, then click on Additional power settings - in the following window, click on 'Choose what the power button does' in the left-hand pane.

Next: BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.