Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 15-u410nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Team,

Hope you are doing good!

Product Details:

Name: HP Envy x360 15-u410nr (15 inch touch screen laptop)

Product ID: M1W63UA#ABA

Description of problem:

Everything was working fine and as expected since last week and problem encountered while I have paused my work for 10 minutes break, when I came back to resume the work, laptop suddenly turned off and I couldn't able to turn back on again, I also tried to plug the charger if it helps and I found that LED for charging is not even turning on, however when I am plugging the charger to the device, I can hear some humming sound but no lights anywhere neither near power button nor charging point. I have also performed basic troubleshooting like press power button for 15 seconds and still not getting the result. 

I require your assistance if it can be helpful to get my issue resolved.

Thanks in advance!

Regards!

Tapshil

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Try the following and see if it will work.

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

NOTE: While the battery may be complicated to get to, it should be replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer.

HP Recommended

Good Morning Piter,

Thank you so much for the fast response.

My laptop has the built-in battery and I would like to get the steps how to remove the built-in battery and follow the steps you provided. Also, as I mentioned I am not able to get my device on also I can't see the LED on near the charging port. Furthermore, I have verified the charger and cord with my work laptop and it's working good so I think we can eliminate charger part in my case.

Looking forward for the response!

Regards!

Tapshil

HP Recommended

Hello Team,

Can someone please provide an update on my latest query?

Thanks!

Tapshil

HP Recommended

Hi Tapshil,

Sorry for the delay response, you may want to check out these guides: 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04351268

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/HP+Envy+Battery+Replacement/50371

There are various cords and wires connecting the keyboard section, do carefully deal with it. 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for providing me the detailed steps and information and I have tried that by removing the battery, BUT no luck. I still cannot see the charging light ON while battery removed and still able to hear humming sound when I plug the charging cable to the laptop.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Tapshil

HP Recommended

Hello Team,

Can someone please provide me the update on my latest query?

Your response will be really appreciated.

Thank You!

Tapshil

HP Recommended

Team - I was wondering if I can get an update on my latest query?

I am still waiting for the response.

Thanks!

Tapshil

HP Recommended

Hi Tapshil,

Have you tried to replace the charger first and check how it goes?

HP Recommended

As I have same brand work laptop (HP), I have tried both charger working in work laptop and none of them are working in my personal laptop who is having the issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.