Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a HP Spectre 360 convertible laptop. I have used this every day since August 2021 with out issues. Over the weekend my laptop overheated and I'm unable to turn it on.. I hold the laptop and it's to hot to touch. It's a fire hazard. I unplugged it and turned it to the side to help cool it down..

I don't know what to do or how to fix this. The laptop is only 1 year old. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Stephweis44 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

! Attention !

With constant overheating, the thermal paste for CPU, GPU and bridges

dries out and loses its function and must therefore be renewed !

If you do not change this condition, notebook/mainboard/components will suffer partial or total damage.

In your case: Service is required !
- The computer should be disassembled and checked.
Thermal paste for CPU GPU and bridges must be renewed

High quality thermal paste should be used !

The function of the fan(s) must be checked

- Short circuit test ( if required )

charger/battery test

- Components test

- General cleaning ...

HP warranty valid -> Contact HP Support for service repair

HP warranty expired:

If you can't do that, you should have it serviced by a professional notebook (chip level) repair store.

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.