Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

unfortunately the reboot problem come again at night, i dont know what the trigger was. the cpu and gpu heat was 80°C when its reboot 

HP Recommended

Is the PC under active warranty ? When did you purchase it ?

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Not under warranty anymore, it was around 2017

HP Recommended

Thank you for the update.

I have re-read all the information from the start and also the latest updates. While it did look like a software issue issue initially, I am beginning to think it might also be overheating issue - however, 80 C should be fine for your videocard.

I guess you already checked this article.

• Just to confirm, it happens only (mostly) when the charger is plugged in (PC charging) ? While it is charging, the temperature is higher usually... some BIOS have options to have the fan always ON when charging in an attempt to downgrade the temp...
  • Can you run > this hardware diagnostics here <  for Windows 10 and let me know the outcome ?

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

apparently i accidently install new driver for nvidia before, and i redid again. ( reinstall clean windows , update only from windows(still reboot), and then unplug and plug the charging in game again. and it worked again, it hadnt been rebooted since 2 days. but still the solution i only know is reinstall , and the unplug-plugin thingy to prevent that happen.

i run all the hardware diagnose with hp app or the other, and everythings were fine or work properly 

i am not sure if it is software failure cause the case only happen to me, might be there are software that are not compatable to my device .

HP Recommended

update!!

the pc wasnt suddenly rebooted until , i update any driver from windows today. i can assume that i can update any driver neither from windows or out of windows source

i gonna try the uncharge and charge thing first , maybe it always work when the driver s are updated from windows. if not i will just reinstall clean windows and do it again... it´s really complicated but looks like i dont have any option

HP Recommended

Update: 

the laptop rebooted suddenly after couple days working fine, i dont know what the cause was. i didnt update anything anymore.

i just feel like give up with this problem, this should be hardware failure either motherboard or driver is broken. and i am sure it will cost more than this laptop value if it going to be repaired .

i will only use this for no game anymore. cause its a lot of trouble, and unclear cause. and thinking this is the lifespan of hp product

note: the fan has been cleaned 

HP Recommended

I found, shrottle and overheat  is common problem for any hp omen laptop. I gonna try to undervolt and how it goes. Because when my laptop rebooted normally the temperature below 83°c (I guess normal). But the fan is really shrottling

HP Recommended

@Pinkbananas I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.