Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I've been using the HP Elitebook for my job daily since March 2020, when it was purchased from my company. Six months later, the battery of the laptop doesn't function at all. After talking to the HP technician, he concludes that the battery needs replacement. The problem is that I am using the laptop daily, so I cannot send it to the HP for a certain amount of days, as I need it to do my job. So, I kept the laptop as it is for now, and it's plugged in all the time.

The issue is that without any heads-up the laptop might turn off out of nowhere. I am trying to understand if it's the battery issue or not. If it's an issue caused by the battery, I don't know why, since I do not touch the charger in order to do that. 
If it turns-off for other reasons what would they be? 

P.S. Sometimes when it starts it makes a noise like a mosquito. 

Many thanks. 

Katerina Psora

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @kpsora 

Welcome !

Are you the admin of this computer ? Do you have admin rights on Windows ?

• If you have admin rights, you may download and run >> HP Support Assistant.
    Check for updates and ensure all BIOS and driver updates are installed/applied.

• What is the % level of the battery when the computer shuts down unexpectedly ?

** If the PC shuts down without any warning, it could be hardware issue.

Please, check this article for reasons for the PC to turn off unexpectedly - could be motherboard, battery, overheating, etc....

>> http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000689.htm

>> https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01657439

Do you feel it very hot from the bottom end when it shuts down ?

Let me know how it goes

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.