Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17 Notebook

Laptop won’t turn on; screen remains black entire time..already tried a hard reset & didn’t work! .Removing the battery & plug only: the LED @ plugin remains lit, push on button and it flashes a steady on/off, same If I hold the ON button. Nothing I try is working...my previous security was Norton provided w/ my cable pkg w/ COMCAST and in all the years never had a virus or anything bad....Comcast decided no more Norton & instead is doing their own-never have I received so much spam, AND for the first time ever I got HACKED!!! I purchased & downloaded a security suite, it did a scan & told me all was well but there’s no way it could be; strange things were happening...in the middle of reading on a website the only way I can explain this is as if it was taking a picture because the webpage wherever I was at would quickly turn black as well as do a quick jump of sorts like when u snap a pic...Friday evening I close up the laptop for the night & then on Saturday morning I open it up to problem city!!!!

H E L P!!!! I’m a realtor & need my laptop, not to mention every part of my business is locked in there. I can access some things from another computer but EVERYTHING on my desktop is only there!!!!

Thank You in advance if anyone can offer some guidance!!! Donna

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.