Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LD655EA#ABT
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I reformatted my laptop computer not so long ago, and i tried to reuse my serial key for my windows 7 ultimate. but i got a 0XC004E003 error code. I contacted windows, and apparently my serial is blocked.  
MY COA/Product configuration ID according to the bios is 059911000005271000100000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Uriyasama,

Good Day! 🙂 Welcome to the HP forums! 🙂 Hope you are doing well. 🙂 I understand that you require assistance regarding product key issues for your windows 7 computer. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

Fabulous analysis. Superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 It is always a genuine pleasure to work with customers that display great technical competence. You are a privileged HP customer. It is a genuine pleasure to serve you. 🙂

I checked the product specifications of the unit and it came preinstalled with Linux. Link for product specifications: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-G62-Notebook-PC-series/4247533/model/5039305/document/c026216...

So you must have purchased a retail copy of windows 7 and installed it on your computer. If the product key is not working then, you will need to contact Microsoft to get assistance here as the operating system purchase is a retail version directly from a store or from Microsoft. As it is their product they need to provide assistance here for you.

Link to contact Microsoft phone support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

Happy holidays to you and your family. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Uriyasama,

Good Day! 🙂 Welcome to the HP forums! 🙂 Hope you are doing well. 🙂 I understand that you require assistance regarding product key issues for your windows 7 computer. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

Fabulous analysis. Superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 It is always a genuine pleasure to work with customers that display great technical competence. You are a privileged HP customer. It is a genuine pleasure to serve you. 🙂

I checked the product specifications of the unit and it came preinstalled with Linux. Link for product specifications: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-G62-Notebook-PC-series/4247533/model/5039305/document/c026216...

So you must have purchased a retail copy of windows 7 and installed it on your computer. If the product key is not working then, you will need to contact Microsoft to get assistance here as the operating system purchase is a retail version directly from a store or from Microsoft. As it is their product they need to provide assistance here for you.

Link to contact Microsoft phone support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

Happy holidays to you and your family. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.