Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I want to change the display language from Swedish to English. It is a HP ProBook 640 G1 Notebook PC from 2014 and I have fully updated the computer with both optional and necessary updates. One of the updates was a language pack that I assumed would contain English. However, in the settings the segment that is supposed to be titled "display name" does not exist. The space where it should be is just blank. 

How can I change the display language if there is no setting for display language? When I press the help button on the computer it refers me to the display language segment that isn't there. The operative system is Windows 8 Pro.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The language on an HP computer is part of the product design. For the best computing experience, purchase a computer that matches your primary language. If you already have a computer that does not match your primary language and you cannot find or install a Language Pack, you might be able to install a new full version of Windows that matches your primary language.

https://support.hp.com/hk-en/document/c03471369

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.