cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
Cgoo
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My HP Chrome 11 Screen jumps all over the place, even when not being used.

HP Recommended
HP Chrome 11

When using my HP Chrome 11-v020wm, the screen sporadically jumps all over, flashes, large fonts, small fonts and nothing I can do will stabilize it.  This does not happen ALL the time (like right now as Im typing this), but enough so that I HATE this thing!  It makes it almost impossible to do any work.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Flower_Bud
Retired
Retired
5,216 1,484 272 405
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cgoo

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand, your notebook screen flickers and does not stabilize, 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made? 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

While you respond to that, you could try these steps to fix the issue: 

Perform a hard reboot

A hard reboot can resolve many Chromebook startup issues. Follow these steps to perform a hard reboot:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards.

3. Disconnect the AC power adapter. If the Chromebook features a removable battery, remove the battery.

4. Press and hold the power button for at least 7 seconds.

5. Reconnect the AC power adapter.

If you removed the battery, do not reconnect it at this time.

6. Turn on the computer.

Perform a system recovery

If the steps in this document have not resolved the startup problem with your Chromebook, perform a system recovery to reset the computer to its original factory-shipped state. For more information about Chrome OS system recovery, see Performing a System Recovery on Your HP Chromebook.

Note: This will bring your notebook to it's factory condition, therefore, back up your personal data.

If the issue persists, I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your forum private message box next to the bell notification icon on the upper right-hand corner for a private message from me for further assistance.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation