Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The model i have is the HP 14-ck0904nd

Its fully charged and responds when i turn it on, but the screen stays black. Like, i see a few lights on the side go on but thats all the reaction i get,

It was on the 'snooze' setting, but it didnt turn on. So i tried to turn it off and on again, and nothing happened.

What can i do to turn it on? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You can firstly try troubleshoot by yourself via these guides.

Or alternatively try this....
1. Press "Shift" repeatedly until the "sticky keys" window show ups.
2. Now click the the link there that will lead to the "Ease of Access Center".
3. Next click "Cancel" on the the bottom right corner of the "Set Up Sticky Keys" window.
4. From here you want to click "Control Panel" on the upper left corner (it should be right beside the "Make Your Computer Easier to Use" title.
5. Locate the "Computer Settings" menu and then choose the "Recovery" icon (make sure that your view of this is by either large or small icons for easier access).
6. Now click and open "System Restore".
7. Here you want to click next on the bottom right corner (a few times) until the button "Finish" shows up and then click it. (Just follow everything prompt that the window says which will lead you to recovering your previous system, in a certain time.
8. The computer will now do the work it needs to and then reboot.

let me know if my answer helps you. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Sadly, the tips you gave didnt help. I appreciate it though! I wasnt able to use your own tip, since my laptop isnt turning on and the sticky keys popup wasnt able to open because of that.

My laptop made a few noises, but that's all! All the reaction i got was that a small light on the left side of the laptop turned on.

Would it perhaps help if i drained the laptop of power and then charge it and try to turn it on?

HP Recommended

Would it perhaps help if i drained the laptop of power and then charge it and try to turn it on?

Yes, you can try it of course, but problem may goes to the hardware, screen or mainboard, you can troubleshoot all these components. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.