Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15q-ds1001TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I bought a brand new Hp 15q-ds1001TU  laptop in October 2019. Initially the laptop was fine but after 6 months of normal usage it stopped charging.  I tried everything from BIOS update, to component checks and even had customer care people replace my battery and motherboard. Long story short it has been 6 months and still the problem exists. I am not a heavy user, I just use it for editing word documents only. Yet this stupid laptop has stopped my activities for past 6 months. HP customer care on the other hand wants me to renew their warranty by paying 6500. since I did not agree to it they stopped providing support for past 1 month. I have even emailed, called and visited in person to service center amidst this pandemic still problem remains. Please someone help me.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Iamswetha, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• Have you tried using an alternate AC Adapter and check if the issue persists?

Reinstalling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager may resolve this issue. Let us try these steps: 

Step 1: Click the Windows “Start” button and right-click “Computer.”

Step 2: Click “Manage,” then “Device Manager.”

Step 3: Click the “Batteries” section. A list of devices will appear.

Step 4: Right-click the “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery” device and click “Uninstall.”

Step 5: Click the “Action” menu item and “Scan for Hardware Changes” to reinstall the driver.

Restart the computer and check for the issue.

Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Also, check for any pending windows update. Reboot the computer. 

Run a hardware test on the Notebook:

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  3. Perform System Test > Extensive test.
  4. Also, run a battery test. Share the result on your next post.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.