One2BeUp4
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

My Laptop wont startup, acts like no hard drive

HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-by0061st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!  My laptop is 2 yrs old.  power button broke off and went up underneath.  I'm having to jab a wad of tinfoil into the hole where the start button was, to turn it on!  But Hey, It works!    Then when pc powers up, it goes to a blue screen with a "select your keyboard language" and i select english, and it goes to the recovery page.   But nothing works!  Two options are grayed out, except the diagnostic (which doesnt work) and the contact HP options.   when i TRY to do  any recovery method, I get "CREATE FILE FAILED!"  I cant doa system restore, I cant do a reboot, cold or hard,  the ONLY OPTION, Im thinking I might have, I CAN hit f11 when powering on, but I get a "C"prompt type screen (dos?} anyhow maybe i could execute some code from there if ayone knows??  Its acting like my pc doesnt HAVE an operating system, (like i need to add one for it to grab on to, ) which is rediculous in itself.  I just wanna access my pics and documents files, if i can get it back up just one more time and get in...   can you transfer wht on a hard drive to a new pc, even if the host pc is blown?   Thanks,  Im not too tech inclined.  I appreciate you.

H.R.H Prince Jeffrey
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation