01-03-2018 04:02 PM
I can't find the right replacement BIOS on the HP web site as instructed by the troubleshooting instructions.
01-04-2018 05:13 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are having issues in updating the BIOS. I would like to help you resolve this issue.
However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,
When did this issue start?
Did you do any hardware or software changes?
Start with a hard reset to release any excessive static on the PC:
If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown.
If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off.
With the pogo through the were off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.
With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.
Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.
Attempt to reset or recover the existing BIOS (if the recent update was interrupted): Click here
(restoring BIOS on notebook: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833)
Let me know how it goes.
I am an HP Employee
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)