Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (195 Views)

My Pavilion Laptop lost its BIOS. It was not recoverable from the drive. I don't find iut available

Product Name: Pavilion
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't find the right replacement BIOS on the HP web site as instructed by the troubleshooting instructions.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (107 Views)

Re: My Pavilion Laptop lost its BIOS. It was not recoverable from the drive. I don't find iut ava...

@JC581

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are having issues in updating the BIOS. I would like to help you resolve this issue.

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

When did this issue start?

Did you do any hardware or software changes?

Meanwhile

Start with a hard reset to release any excessive static on the PC: 

• If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown. 

• If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off. 

• With the pogo through the were off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer. 

• With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out. 

• Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power. 

Attempt to reset or recover the existing BIOS (if the recent update was interrupted): Click here 

(restoring BIOS on notebook: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833)  

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation