4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

My laptop is completely messed up after I sent it into repair under warranty

HP Recommended
HP Spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had a display issue which wasn't caused by me on HP spectre which is only several months old. It was fixed under warranty because it wasn't caused by me. Now that it is back, I couldn't use my bitlocker key to unlock it so as advised by an agent, I reinstalled windows using a disk drive. It only allowed me to do so on another partition. Now I have several partitions. 

I've decrypted my original partition where all my files are located because I have my bitlocker key. Now yes, I could wipe it all and start again as I have all my files backed up online  but then I have to buy another windows key when I just spend almost 2 grand on buying this so recently. I've already lost a week of studying over this and I'm really exhausted by contacting agents through WhatsApp as they take 5 minutes between each message. 

3 REPLIES 3
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,818 22,777 1,023 1,058
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Shayp1

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, that sounds really challenging.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Shayp1
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I actually managed to solve this issue myself yesterday. I'm just really frustrated by HP support and how I've lost time over no fault of my own... Thanks for replying anyway. I appreciate your time.  

0 Kudos
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,818 22,777 1,023 1,058
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Shayp1

Thank you for remaining patient. Your business means a lot to us

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation