Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook Folio 9470m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop shuts down automatically within 2 to 5 minutes on battery. It works only when I'm charging. When i remove the charging plug it stays on for 5 mins only and shuts down automatically. While when i use the laptop without plugged in at the beginning itself it shuts down without 2mins. Also it stays awake on the lockscreen, later when i log in and open any application or play any video it shuts down automatically. And when i try starting it again it doesn't on, only it shows the lock screen and shuts off automatically again.

Im facing this issue from past 1 month.

I tried resolving it by cleaning the fan, updating BIOS, changing power settings etc. But still its all the same. Please help me out as soon as possible. 

And i use my laptop everyday for 5hrs exactly!

Please state me the reason for it and also the solution to overcome this issue..

Hope u answer my question as soon as possible!

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Also it stays awake when i log in the laptop. But when i open any app or anything (also if i jusy click the windows key) it shuts down automatically! Plz reply me !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.