Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Other

image.jpg

I’m not sure what happened but my laptop had an issue and asked me to rest it so I did and it take hours and then this happened. 
Not sure what to do .hope somebody can help.

many thanks Bailey 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Bailey1980 

Hello,

The menu you want is not present because the interface is not up to date.

Please always update the interface via the HP link below.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101501-102000/sp101502.exe

Please update it or use a USB stick. To perform this test as described in this HP document: Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System).

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

hello,
thank you for responding so quickly. I'm not sure how to place the link on a USB stick then access it on the broken laptop. 
if you could help me in any way possible.

many thanks,
bailey.

HP Recommended

@Bailey1980 

Thanks for your return,

You can do this with the same USB stick, with another computer:

1. Insert the USB flash drive after the BIOS update.
  2. Instead of choosing UEFI partition on hard drive, please select USB flash drive.
    USB flash drive.jpg
  3. After copying the UEFI to the USB is complete, turn off the computer.
  4. Insert the previously created USB flash drive, then press the F2 key repeatedly when starting the computer.
  5. Normally, you should have the Firmware Management menu available.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.