Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ay034nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

NOT CHARGE NOTEBOOK BATTERY AFTER 70-80%. IT SHOWS " PLUGED IN , NOT CHARGING"

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AKHILDEV, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• Have you tried with an alternate AC Adapter?

Reinstalling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager may resolve this issue. Let us try these steps: 

Step 1: Click the Windows “Start” button and right-click “Computer.”

Step 2: Click “Manage,” then “Device Manager.”

Step 3: Click the “Batteries” section. A list of devices will appear.

Step 4: Right-click the “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery” device and click “Uninstall.”

Step 5: Click the “Action” menu item and “Scan for Hardware Changes” to reinstall the driver.

Restart the computer and check for the issue.

If the issue persists, I recommend you update the BIOS from this link, enter your Product number or name.

Click here to run a battery test to check on the PC.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sir, I already try the given steps you. But problem is same now. Last week updated my bios through hp support software. Then I check again the problem still remaining.

If you have any other option. 

HP Recommended

@AKHILDEV

If the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.