Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

Really, the title says it all. I'm working on an HP 14-dq2053cl (really, I'm upgrading from a lower-spec machine) and I need the recovery media for Windows 10 S. I do have a recovery USB for this computer already, but it's Windows 11 S (and the Cloud Recovery Tool only lists Windows 11 S) and to keep it simple, I don't want to install Windows 10 on this computer... and I'd like to make this as easy as possible.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@mrjoey98 

Please use Cloud Recovery tool

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Cloud Recovery Tool is actually the first option I went to, but it's not allowing me to make recovery media for Windows 10, as seen here:

Screenshot 2022-06-19 022616.png

HP Recommended

(Image edited for security reasons) As seen here...

Screenshot 2022-06-19 131334.png

HP Recommended

It would seem that my image was rejected once again. I edited it yet again; what's going on is that the HP Cloud Recovery Tool only offers a Windows 11 image for my flash drive, and I'm looking to put Windows 10 on this recovery drive.

InkedScreenshot 2022-06-19 131334.jpg

HP Recommended

Bump. Any suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.