Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17t 3D Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy 17t-2000 CT0 3D Edition Notebook PC (Product Number: XG360AV) that has Beats - IDT HD Audio; 1GB Radeon HD 6800M Series; 17.3" Full HD BrightVwinfinity LED (1920x1080); 1-TB HDD; MS Office Professional;   Realtek/Intel: Ethernet & Wi-Fi; Blu-ray player; 8 GB DDR3; Running on Windows 7 Professional x64. BIOS Version: F.15 and Date: 05/20/2011; Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 2001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

I've performed Return to Factory State and reinstalled all my other software 3x now. I was getting an error message that would disappear before I could read it fully. I caught: ...Windows was unable to load a service... before the message disappeared. My taskbar looked like a sorta like Windows in safe mode, and I'd lost all my Administrative access other than in Safe Mode. This time I'm updating the drivers for every piece of hardware in this Laptop because I've been pretty lax with updating the drivers: I have never updated the BIOS since I got this laptop in May 2011. I've bricked a few laptops flashing the BIOS that's why I'm using a 6 year old BIOS. I do plan on doing a clean install of Windows 10 x64 on the laptop eventually.

I downloaded and ran the HP Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) Support Environment; HP BIOS Update UEFI; BIOS Version F.1C (11/23/2012) for OS Windows 7 Professional x64... But Not a thing happened except I now have a unlabled Drive Letter ..? 

I'm thinking that the: 3-in-1 USB Key (v. 3.7.0.0.) will make the usb flash bios drive that I need, but it also sounds a bit confusinng (saying that before I've downloded or ran it). I've spent a couple days looking for instructions on making just the HP BIOS Tools (UEFI-Fat32) USB Flash Drive. I've found a ton of Bootable UEFI Partition/ USB Flash Drive instructions etc... But nothing for just the HP BIOS Tools USB Flash Drive. So if anyone can offer me advice or give me instructions on how to create this USB drive, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance for your time and help ~ Sherri

HP Pavilion Elite e9210t, Win7 Pro 64-bit, Intel 2 Quad Processor, 6GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM, 750GB SATA HD, 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 220, LightScribe SuperMulti Drive, Wireless-N LAN card and Bluetooth, 15-in1 memory card reader, Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, HP 2009m 20" LCD, HP 30-watt 2.1 speaker system, HP Officejet 6500 Wireless E709n, 160GB HP Pocket Media Drive, Matias USB 2.0 keyboard, Kensington Orbit trackball, Logitech Nano mouse, Microsoft Office Professional 2007
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Nevermind!

First, since I hid the Microsoft KB3102429 update, I have not experienced the: Windows could'nt load a service and no more loss of my administrative rights over my home laptop.

Second, I downloaded-installed HP's hardware diagnostics 3-in-1 Key, in case something went wrong with my BIOS update.

Third, I then Downloded-installed  the most current HP PC Hardware Diagnostostics UEFI tools.

Fourth and last, I dowloaded-installed the newear BIOS Version F.1C, 10/31/2012. It went smoothly, and the above mentioned tools took over and pretty much installed the BIOS with out a hitch. I also updated every hardware driver for my laptop, as well.

I had over 500 Microsoft updates this morning. After the BIOS update this morning, I'n down to 43 Microsoft Updates now.

HP Envy 17t-2000 CTO 3D Edition Notebook PC (Product Number: XG360AV).

Best Regards ~ Sherri 

HP Pavilion Elite e9210t, Win7 Pro 64-bit, Intel 2 Quad Processor, 6GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM, 750GB SATA HD, 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 220, LightScribe SuperMulti Drive, Wireless-N LAN card and Bluetooth, 15-in1 memory card reader, Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, HP 2009m 20" LCD, HP 30-watt 2.1 speaker system, HP Officejet 6500 Wireless E709n, 160GB HP Pocket Media Drive, Matias USB 2.0 keyboard, Kensington Orbit trackball, Logitech Nano mouse, Microsoft Office Professional 2007
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.