Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NSDAP-Man
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Need recovery media for a g7-1263nr, QE317UA#ABA and ser number [edit] HELP!!!

HP Recommended
g7-1263nr (QE317UA#ABA)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I need the "Recovery Media" for the following machine: g7-1263nr. Product I.D.- "QE317UA#ABA" Serial #- "[edit]". HP of course does not offer it any more and the HD was replaced and now I need it. Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Patrick

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
130,012 120,189 19,672 30,064
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can still order recovery media from this non-HP vendor.

http://www.computersurgeons.com/p-22244-recovery-kit-667095-001-for-hp-pavilion-notebook-pc-model-nu...

If you can still read all 25 characters of the W7 product key on your notebook's case,  you can make your own W7 installation media as follows...

You can create your own W7 installation media as follows...

Click on the Windows ISO Downloader.exe link to download the tool to create the W7 ISO file download.

Select the Windows COEM ISO file download for the version of W7 the product key is good for.

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-and-office-iso-downl...

I have zipped up and attached the Microsoft utility below, that will allow you to either put the file on a USB flash drive or DVD, or you can use a different free utility such as Rufus.

NSDAP-Man
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paul,

WOW! Thank you very much for the fast response and equally awesome information/assistance.

Exactly what I needed, in both regards. The info and links to create a Windows 7 install DVD may just be the actual route I choose.

Many thanks!

Patrick

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
130,012 120,189 19,672 30,064
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Patrick.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation