Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
W2MA7UAR#ABA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello!

I had an older HP laptop that has been running pretty lowsy so i cooked up a grand idea to wipe Windows 10 and reinstall Windows 7 x64. The problem is that i can not find and drivers for my machine in windows 7. I managed to find all the drivers for Win10. I read a post here where an person did the same thing as me and the response seemed to be helpful. his machine was different of course. Could i get some community help! thank you

s/n: [Private information removed]

P/N: W2MA7UAR#ABA

MODEL: 15-BA013CL

PROCESSOR: AMD A8-7410 APU w/ AMD RADEON R5 GRAPHICS

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to use the W7 64 bit drivers and software from the HP 255 G5 business notebook equivalent of your model.

HP 255 G5 Notebook PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Do not use any of the BIOS or firmware files though.

In addition to the above drivers, you will also need to install the AMD chipset driver from the link below, which will install the smbus and usb controllers.  Select the W7 64 bit driver from the list, install and restart the PC.

I would install this driver first before any of the others.

970 Drivers & Support | AMD

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! i will give this a go as you suggested and will report back.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.