Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (145 Views)
Accepted Solution

Need to reset the Windows Log in password for my HP Pavilion DV6, fingerprint doesn't scan

Product Name: HP Pavilion DV6 - model# dv6-6
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Need to reset my windows log in password because the fingerprint scanner no longer works (don't know why).. so i cant use my laptop unless I change this password to something that I know and remeber
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Need to reset the Windows Log in password for my HP Pavilion DV6, fingerprint doesn't scan

@vkaria

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

If you don’t remember the password system recovery is the only option left.

(Note: you will loose all the data if you do system recovery.)

If you don’t have recovery media, contact HP Phone Support to order a recovery media.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

View solution in context
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 5 (114 Views)

Re: Need to reset the Windows Log in password for my HP Pavilion DV6, fingerprint doesn't scan

@vkaria

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Smiley Happy I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion DV6 laptop and you while to reset your Windows login password because the fingerprint reader no longer works. 

I suggest you to go through the step by step instructions to reset your Windows login password at this link: http://hp.care/2dW5X1o

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. Cheers! Smiley Happy

MKazi
I am an HP Employee

If you find this post helpful then you can help others find the same solution by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (106 Views)

What is the solution of i dont have the recovery disk or don't want to format my computer?
I use a local account
Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (94 Views)

I want to avoid resetting/formating my computer
HP Support Agent
Message 5 of 5 (76 Views)

@vkaria

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

If you don’t remember the password system recovery is the only option left.

(Note: you will loose all the data if you do system recovery.)

If you don’t have recovery media, contact HP Phone Support to order a recovery media.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation