cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

New Envy 13 has frequent Blue Screen Of Death problem

HP Recommended
13-ah0002ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My new envy 13 was purchased about 2 weeks ago and it worked ok for a few days despite sometime it freezes.

Specs for my laptop are:
Windows 10 Home 64
Intel® Core™ i5-8250U (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 3.4 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
13.3-inch diagonal FHD(39) IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit touchscreen with Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT™ (1920 x 1080)
8 GB LPDDR3-2133 SDRAM (onboard)
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

Last week blue screen kept poping up and the laptop wouldn't restart automatically even when it says '100% complete'.
Some times laptop freezes with 0% complete.
(I open Advanced System Settings and the box for automatically startup is checked)

The stop code of blue screen is WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, so I went through the fix methods about this issue on microsoft website, but none of them worked. And troubleshoot couldn't identify the problem.

The blue screen is still there after I updated windows system and drivers to the lastest. Resetting and Recovering the PC to original factory state by HP Recovery Manager did not solve the problem.

I have spent a lot of time on this problem and I dont know if I can fix it.  So I am here look for some help before I may have to return this product.
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
43,177 42,966 6,882 12,055
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP just released an F.15 BIOS about 12 days ago:

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-13-ah0000-laptop-pc/20283122

Install and see if it helps. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. BIOS is up to date but blue screen still pops up.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any updates to this issue that you are having? 

I just purchased this and I am having the exact error.

The first time I got it I was stuck in a bootloop at log in screen thinking I fudged up an update since I took it left it on in the car while it updated.

Once I got home for the evening, I wiped everything and started over -- this time allowing it to become fully updated.

It is now BSOD looping again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
16 13 0 2
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. 

I just had this issue about 2 weeks ago. I have reset my laptop numerous times and the issues still persisted.

I would blame the latest windows update and potentially BIOS. 

May I know if this issues has been solved?

regards,

Lira

Highlighted
4 3 0 1
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My laptop issue was resolved.

Good luck with yours.

Highlighted
Level 2
16 13 0 2
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Awesome! May I know how did you solve it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello. In the end I called the HP main European help desk. They could not fix it by phone, so They collected it from me. Was a hardware problem. All fixed now

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
16 13 0 2
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just got back my laptop after I send it to the centre due to sleep issue. HP told me that the sleep issue was due to hardware as well. So my laptop has a brand new motherboard which makes me think:

a) if the BSOD problem is due to is hardware/motherboard, then there is serious issue with the motherboard used in Envy 13 2018.

b) it is not the hardware. it is the software and it is just too complicated for HP to find the actual problem.

regards,

Lira

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
16 13 0 2
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So just a quick update. I have fixed (maybe) the BSOD on my Envy 13.

1) I stop the windows update

2) uninstall last cumulative update (KB4507453)

3) reduce the maximum processing state to just 88% (in advance power option)

Have not had the error since then.

Hope this help someone.

regards,

Lira

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation