Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (261 Views)

No Recovery Manager on my laptop.

Product Name: pavilion dv6 7003em
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I reinstalled Win7 on my laptop, but I didn't use HP recovery manager. Now widows is not functioning properly and I can't find recovery manager to reinstall it again.

I've tried downloading it from HP website, but I get the massege: ''Softpaq does not apply to the system no hp recovery manager installed'' when I try to install it. 

Please help!

0 Kudos
Grad Student
Message 2 of 3 (246 Views)

Re: No Recovery Manager on my laptop.

Hi Jugger,

I think the computer that you are having is more than 2 years old.  

You may use the following link to download the Recovery manager application in your computer, and that might help you to reinstall the windows 7 OS ,.  I don't think , Tech Support  would be able to send you the recovery software since the comp;uter is more than 2 years old.. but .. you may always call them @ 1-800-474-6836

The link i was mentioning about is  :  http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv6-7000-entertainment-notebook-pc-serie...

Thank you for choosing HP,

You have a great day,

Regards,

Ashok

Ashok ... HP..always working
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (232 Views)

Re: No Recovery Manager on my laptop.

[ Edited ]

That is exactly  where I downloaded from, but I'm not able to install it. It pops this massage ''Softpaq does not apply to the system no hp recovery manager installed''.

I am pretty stuck right now, because I'm not able to get widows ISO file from microsoft website, it says that I have to contat device manufacturer and I can't reinstall through HP.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation