Hasib3
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No bookable device insert bookable disk and press any key

Ay 120tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

No bookable device insert bookable disk and press any key. What can I do now? How can I solve this problem?

1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
9,686 9,682 909 2,643
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No bookable device insert bookable disk and press any key

That usually is caused by the hard drive failing.  Which means it needs to be replaced.  On some instances it might just mean there is another device that has interfered with the boot manger.  Check to see if there are any other media left in place IE: media card in the card reader, DVD in the tray, external drive connected, USB flash drive in USB port.  If all those are clear, then the hard drive is most likely failed.  You can check in the F2 diagnostics to see if the hard drive is even recognized.

For one last effort, you can make the Windows 10 install media on a working PC from here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Scroll down to the "Using the tool to create installation media" and follow the directions.  Then try to boot this problem PC to that new media and pick "repair" instead of install.  Then if the hard drive has failed, you can also use this media to install Windows 10 on the replacement drive.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation