Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-bp1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This update was automatically downloaded several weeks ago, and set to install on the next reboot:

HP Development Company, L.P. - System - 7/19/2019 12:00:00 AM - 7.0.9.1

I paused the updated because I cannot find ANY information regarding this update anywhere. Even on the Microsoft Update Catalog, the latest update shown is "HP Development Company, L.P. - System - 8/29/2018 12:00:00 AM - 7.0.4.1"

BTW - I'm already running Win10 1903 - Build 18362.356

Questions:

Is this a valid update from HP? If so, is it meant for the HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-bp1xx laptops?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes the update is a valid update that HP pushed to the Microsoft update catalog, and is going to update the HP mobile protection sensor device (HP 3D driveguard) to the version listed in the update - 7.0.9.1.

You can check the current version of the driver by going to the device manager, click to expand the System Devices category, find the HP mobile protection sensor device, click on the driver tab, and note the driver version and date.

After the update installs, you can go back and see that it has been updated to 7.0.9.1.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the quick response!

I checked the driver and it is already at 7.0.9.1, with the update still pending (once I un-pause the updates, of course).

I see you mentioned it was a valid update pushed to the Microsoft update catalog, however that's precisely where I am not finding it listed, hence the question and concern. Strange.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, it is strange it is not listed there.  I only see the version go up to 7.0.4.1.

Microsoft sent it to my HP 350 G1 notebook the other day, and I installed it since I knew what it would be for.

It installed just fine.

If you don't want to install it, see if running the hide windows update utility will block it from showing up in the future.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-rei...

Use the file from the v1607 link since that is the newer one.

I don't know of any newer versions than that one.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Just to close this out, I decided to let the (re)update run its course. I just don't get the warm fuzzies when I can search and not find anything, basically anywhere, with regard to a pushed "update". Not cool on HP's part. For all practical purposes, the Drive Guard is a driver I can do without, considering from day one, I'd replaced the mechanical 1TB HD with an SSD.

Thanks again for your help.

marctony

p.s. I had to change my keyboard from Cyrillic back to English after the update.

🤔😉

HP Recommended

Could someone find this driver? HP's FTP server only offers version 7.0.8.1 by means of package sp98311.

The Microsoft Update Catalog offers version 7.0.9.1, but it's just for 32-bit OSes. I found that out after extracting the small CAB file.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=HPQ6007

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, not at all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.