Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp laptop 15s-eq1019ns

I have a new hp laptop 15s-eq1019ns and a started it up without knowing it needed to be connected with the cables to the power when starting it up for the very first time.

Now I can´t start it and it only says:

C:\˃

Quick solution highly appreciated please!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @MariaNielsen 

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Bienvenida !

Here are your computer's specs >> https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c06618111

Based on your description, I can conclude that your computer can actually start but it has no (usable) operating system. I mean it is a relatively cheap model which comes with the so called Free DOS which is there just for demo purpose to show basically it starts and can work. However, if you want to make use of your device you need something like Windows or Linux on it. You need an operating system.

I would recommend you get a Windows 10 license (purchased online from Microsoft, or offline from a local tech store).

• If you want and prefer, you may install Windows 10 on your own following the instructions below (attached PDF file).
  • If you do not want to do it on your own, you may see help from a tech-savvy friend or from an IT professional.
  • You will need the Windows license key to active it eventually.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes / provide your feedback and update.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.