cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maanonsen
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Notebook suddenly had a blank screen one morning. Followed all diagnostic tools and fixes. Corrupt

HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-by0055nr Product3ZH88UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
HP Notebook - 17-by0055nr  (Product #3ZH88UA)  Screen was just blank one morning?!  So, I used all the diagnostic tools, flashed the BIOS, Ran system hardware checks. and after much messing around with all this, I suspect Windows is corrupted!   However, the image I got from HP is corrupted, so I cannot install a fresh version of Windows!  I tried all the system restore methods but they go so far,  then it just craps out?!  I suspect the corrupted backup image?  As recommended on the HP Site, I downloaded a copy of Windows, but when I go to execute it, it tells me for upgrades, use the software that came with your unit.  Well, that is corrupted.  There is another option on that software that says Custom: Install Windows Only.  "The files settings and applications aren't moved to Windows with this option.  Not sure what that means so I am afraid to execute ir?  I JUST need Windows back to fix this thing - Does anyone know what that option means, and/or how I can get through this?  I was trying to reach someone at HP, but I don't get that option - I guess because my warranty is expired?  Anyway, if someone could help I'd really appreciate it - my wife wants her notebook back.  Thanks!
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation