Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15t-ax200 CTO Laptop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been having issues with my computer crashing since may, and further problems with using the repair (it could not complete), recovery (failed too), and reset (failed to the point that I could only attempt to reset again or power down). I used HP cloud recovery on a USB to boot and reset my computer successfully, and switched my wifi to metered to prevent windows from auto updating. I believe it was 1903 that messed up my computer, mainly because this started in May, but also because I did not go in and reinstall HP driver updates the previous time I got my computer working again before Microsoft could force it's own updates upon me. I'm installing HP driver updates now, but I looked at the supported Laptops for the May Windows 10 update and this model was not on there. Does anyone know if this model will be supported in the future? Or is anyone having the same/ similar problems? I bought this laptop 2 years ago, didn't expect to be dealing with this already.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@mbend2323

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, If your device does not meet the requirements, you may not have options to update the latest Windows update.

1. Check product compatibility:

Installing Windows 10 updates on non-compatible products may result in issues that may break functions or features. HP keeps a record of all products that are tested for newer Windows 10 versions. For tested products, HP will provide updated driver and software. Check HP Products Tested with Windows 10
  2. Update BIOS:

BIOS is a key element that ensures newer updates and existing components can work together. Ensure that you have the latest BIOS installed in your PC before updating Windows 10. To learn more about how to install updated BIOS, visit the documents below.
  3. Update Graphics Drivers:

An out-of-date graphics driver can cause the Windows update to fail and roll back. It is recommended to check and ensure that the latest Graphics drivers are installed in your computer before starting the update process. Visit the Software Driver Download to select your product and download the latest driver.
  4. Check for updates:

Select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available. For additional information visit Updating drivers and software with Windows update.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I briefly got it working, but as soon as updates started installing I started getting blue screens again. I tried to use the HP cloud recovery usb I made and did a factory reset, it completed I assume, it said it might restart a few times. But it didn’t restart, the screen just went black and it’s still black. Not sure what to do from here. The computer is still on.

HP Recommended

@mbend2323

I recommend you hard shutdown the computer by pressing the power button and then restart the computer and check.

If you continue facing the issue, then the Windows is not installed correctly and you might have to do a recovery again using the USB recovery media you have created.

Let me know how it goes.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I used the hp recovery media again. I went all the way through factory reset, my computer reset a number of times, but at the end it just went to a black screen again and is unresponsive, the computer is still powered on.

HP Recommended

@mbend2323

Follow the steps in the below article and perform a system test.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I ran the extensive system test already, everything passed, out of curiosity I ran the extensive hard drive test, everything passed.

HP Recommended

@mbend2323

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@mbend2323

You're welcome!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.