Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion

When I turn on my computer, it says there is no operating system. I’m trying to reinstall it with the discs I have (Windows 8.) but then Keep getting this error and it just starts over. Help! Error says “attempted to write to read only memory” if the pic doesn’t come through. It flashes super quick then restarts. When I scan with both options (hard drive and memory test), I see no errors. I did f10 and then f9 and saved and that didn’t help. 

FFB34B98-FC39-4795-B8D8-77C7B9ACA627.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your notebook?

Use this guide to find that information...please do not post the serial number.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Product ID is 3BC54AV

HP Recommended

Model number is 15t-cu000

HP Recommended

Did your PC come with Windows from HP?

If so, it came with W10, not W8.

If you have access to another Windows PC running W7 64 bit or newer, you can use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Unfortunately I don’t. This was a notebook to replace my last one that died. I don’t seem to have the windows 10 boot. Any ideas of what to do at this point?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I don't know why the W8 disk isn't installing for you 

You will have to find a PC with Windows on it to create the recovery media.

HP Recommended

Okay. Thanks. I need to contact HP to see if they can send me recovery media for the operating system and per installed software like Microsoft that I paid for in the price of the laptop but the website is so freaking terrible that I’m stuck on a loop. Any ideas how to get this from HP? This entire experience has been so frustrating. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.