Did you mean: 
Beckysayshello
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Operating system install error

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion

When I turn on my computer, it says there is no operating system. I’m trying to reinstall it with the discs I have (Windows 8.) but then Keep getting this error and it just starts over. Help! Error says “attempted to write to read only memory” if the pic doesn’t come through. It flashes super quick then restarts. When I scan with both options (hard drive and memory test), I see no errors. I did f10 and then f9 and saved and that didn’t help. 

FFB34B98-FC39-4795-B8D8-77C7B9ACA627.jpeg

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,128 119,305 19,484 29,770
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your notebook?

Use this guide to find that information...please do not post the serial number.

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Beckysayshello
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Product ID is 3BC54AV

0 Kudos
Beckysayshello
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Model number is 15t-cu000

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did your PC come with Windows from HP?

If so, it came with W10, not W8.

If you have access to another Windows PC running W7 64 bit or newer, you can use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Beckysayshello
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately I don’t. This was a notebook to replace my last one that died. I don’t seem to have the windows 10 boot. Any ideas of what to do at this point?

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I don't know why the W8 disk isn't installing for you 

You will have to find a PC with Windows on it to create the recovery media.

0 Kudos
Beckysayshello
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay. Thanks. I need to contact HP to see if they can send me recovery media for the operating system and per installed software like Microsoft that I paid for in the price of the laptop but the website is so freaking terrible that I’m stuck on a loop. Any ideas how to get this from HP? This entire experience has been so frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation